The key to the cost-effective management of musculoskeletal injuries is early symptom evaluation and proactive treatment.
Community Sports & Therapy Center has joined the Occupational Accountable Care, LLC (OAC) network to improve the health and productivity of employed populations.
The Musculoskeletal Health & Wellness program offers employees alternatives that can reduce unnecessary doctor visits, diagnostic imaging and delayed rehab to resolve musculoskeletal injuries.
This program has proven to significantly reduce reportable injuries and improve productivity for employers.
Medical + Disability Costs:
Musculoskeletal conditions are the costliest and most rapidly growing group of diseases
Older employees have increased frequency of MSD injuries and duration of disability
Had a 97% increase in medical cost and prescriptions and accounted for 74% of lost workdays
Opioid prescription treatment has increased by 45% while Physical Therapy treatment has remained stagnant at 10%
Physical Demands Job Analysis
Preventative Exercise Program
Ergonomic Job Coaching
New Hire Physical Ability Evaluations
MSD Wellness Consultaitons
Pro-Active Care Coordination:
MSD Symptom Evaluations + Triage
MSD OSHA First Aid Treatment
Immediate Orthopedic Referral for Significant Injuries
On-Site Transition Work Rehabilitation
Treat Symtoms BEFORE they become Injuries:
- Provide OSHA first aide before it becomes a worker’s Compensation claim (saving $$)
- Reduce OSHA recordables & reduce onsite injuries
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Comprehensive job site evaluations with modifications/adaptation recommendations
- Guidance to employees to maximize functional performance and safety
Utilizing the PureOHS Software System:
- Fully Integrated Clinical Suite: track encounters and easily distribute information to appropriate people and programs. Track cases including diagnosis, cause of injury, appointment scheduling, treatment plans, and medical notes.
- Integrated Communication Process: Automate the manual communication processes between employer and clinic systems while providing the tools of an enterprise employee health system to employers of all sizes.
68% reduction in Total WC Paid for MSD claims
43% reduction in number of MSD claims
48% less MSD claims in first year of employment
47% less Paid per MSD claim with early intervention
64% reduction of Total Paid on sprains/strains
54% reduction of Total Paid on fractures
Non-Work-Related MSD Spend
Reduction in Total WC Paid for MSD Claims
Reduction in Number of MSD Claims